Soldier's forum

Here you can discuss anything you want. You can also say hi and introduce yourself to the Conquest community.
Forum: Soldier's forum

Best country to live in Africa?

MVC
Best city and country to live in Africa? Im guessing Cape town, but Im interested in places like Tanzania, Egypt and Namabia
27 Sep, 2023

Comments (8)

reelbigstu
Cape Town is epic! Egypt is great but its so damn hot, i was there for a good while and in summer it is normal for it to be over 40 degrees every day. Luxor is the most fascinating place if you like ancient history. Mozambique was pretty good, great beach scene and its cheap!
Tunisia is under-rated but you might struggle with the culture clash if you visit for any length of time.
Morocco is cool but stay away from the tourist traps :) and as Kurt says, keep your head on a swivel!
I was in Botswana and its capital Gaborone.....don't go, Its horrible :D
29 Sep, 2023
MVC
@reelbigstu

Cape Town is epic! Egypt is great but its so damn hot, i was there for a good while and in summer it is normal for it to be over 40 degrees every day....
Egypt just announced a citizenship via investment program similar to turkey. Buy a home over 300k and get citizenship.

Ive never been to Egypt but will now. Any recommendations?
01 Oct, 2023
spursben316
I wouldn't say just announced wasn't it March and why was it suddenly put forward. The economy is in a shit state. All of the countries offering a citizenship programme Egypt would unfortunately be the last 1 I would pick. Yes I have been there I really enjoyed my time travelling around the country. But Egypt I'm sorry to say they would eat up a foreign investor. The country is so poor they are masters of scamming people save yourself the hassle and pick another country. Not everyone in Egypt is bad by the way.
04 Oct, 2023
spursben316
And if u have got that kind of money think long and hard about what u going to do with it. You have to think in your life time will u ever have this amount of money again. It might be worth getting a financial adviser and I wouldn't go telling many people u are loaded especially when u travel. Have a good look at the countries that offer retirement or citizenship or even just moving. Every time U sat down at did the pros and cons 2 countries stood out.

Ecuador and Panama.
04 Oct, 2023
MVC
@spursben316

I wouldn't say just announced wasn't it March and why was it suddenly put forward. The economy is in a shit state. All of the countries offering a ci...
I'm not familiar with the specifics, but I believe it wasn't very popular so they just updated it and made it similar to Turkeys. Previously you had to buy designated properties in designated areas, but now you can just buy any property anywhere exceeding 300k. What ammused me is most of these golden visas allow for a spouse and children, but this one allowed for 4 spouses/wives and children.
05 Oct, 2023
reelbigstu
@MVC

Egypt just announced a citizenship via investment program similar to turkey. Buy a home over 300k and get citizenship. Ive never been to Egypt bu...
Honestly, stay away from anywhere touristy.....but saying that, Alexandria is the nicest place I went and probably the best place to invest in property. I would be careful about it, the country has so much upheaval and societal problems, infrastructure is poor and the police are a nightmare, even for foreigners, keep your bribe money handy....
On the other hand, it has very low tax burden and no inheritance tax, so there are a few fiscal advantages!
11 Oct, 2023
spursben316
Would forget Egypt with Israel and Palestine conflict. Egypt could well get drawn into a war with Iran and
Hezbollah Lebanon. Only the other day wasn't there a shooting of some Israel tourists.

The whole word going to shit. And France and UK are to blame for all this
12 Oct, 2023
MVC
@spursben316

Would forget Egypt with Israel and Palestine conflict. Egypt could well get drawn into a war with Iran and Hezbollah Lebanon. Only the other day wa...
Good idea. Actually I was hoping to go to Isreal in Nov. Thats probably wont work out now either.

Why is France and UK to blame?
12 Oct, 2023

You need to be logged in to post comments.

© Copyright Conquest 2024 | Website developed by Artenko | Privacy & Terms