Soldier's forum

Here you can discuss anything you want. You can also say hi and introduce yourself to the Conquest community.
Forum: Soldier's forum

Favorite South American country?

Empetre
What are peoples favorite country, or places in South America?
24 Mar, 2023

Comments (25)

MULVEY
Good question. I think I'll go with Mexico mainly due to the food. Food all over the country is fantastic.
24 Mar, 2023
Empetre
@MULVEY

Good question. I think I'll go with Mexico mainly due to the food. Food all over the country is fantastic....
Mexico looks amazing, would love to try some real Mexican food!

From my few visits to SA, I would say Brazil 🫡
25 Mar, 2023
1 1
kurtcaz
Colombia brazil and mexico are all great countries!
27 Mar, 2023
5 1
Empetre
@kurtcaz

Colombia brazil and mexico are all great countries!...
But Colombia nr.1? 🫡
27 Mar, 2023
PsyJoe
Hi Kurt

Seems like a great fiesta in Columbia. Are there more stuff coming up and do you have any one to plan these trips?
30 Mar, 2023
Pezgallo
I'll go with Panama. Great place to dip your toes into central American travel. They use the dollar so takes the stress out of exchanging currency. Enough people understand English there. Everyone is really welcoming and friendly. Country is beautiful and the women..well go there and you'll see.
01 Apr, 2023
weedo
Arrrrrrrrrgentina
01 Apr, 2023
1 1
spursben316
Don't want to be that guy 😂 but technically Mexico is not a South American country. They do play in the Copa America though.

Fave South American Country It's Ecuador and Colombia
01 Apr, 2023
1 3
steve01Aus
Why not Peru? Maybe its just me as Ive got family there and go back a lot. Cant stand Chile but, Only place in the world ive been where a border security guard expected cash from me.
04 Apr, 2023
MVC
@Pezgallo

I'll go with Panama. Great place to dip your toes into central American travel. They use the dollar so takes the stress out of exchanging currency. ...
I was in Panama city for a about a week in 2019. I only stayed in Avenida Balboa and briefly visted Casco Viejo. The main boulevard was nice but mostly it was dirty and undeveloped, no one spoke english, the dollar was used but it was very expensive, the traffic was horrendous, and the girls were average. I met two Americans there that aptly (imo) described it as a "shithole" , but they took me to a bar that had some pretty south american hookers and we had a great night.

Im interested to know more about your experience and where you recommend going. It would make a great residence if I could find a nice place as the location and tax laws are excellent. Ive heard good things from others so perhaps I went to the wrong places. Mel Gibson has a home there and describes it was being "like Miami."
05 Apr, 2023
Jizzy
@MVC

I was in Panama city for a about a week in 2019. I only stayed in Avenida Balboa and briefly visted Casco Viejo. The main boulevard was nice but most...
I was in Panama a few weeks ago and its incredible. The women were stunning the food was dogshit but everything else was great> I did Miami and then Panama and Id say Pans is 10x better then Miami
09 Apr, 2023
1 1
MVC
@Jizzy

I was in Panama a few weeks ago and its incredible. The women were stunning the food was dogshit but everything else was great> I did Miami and then P...
Jizzy looks like we follow a similiar life pattern: Capetown, Panama, Colombia, Crypto, mma etc. What were you doing in Panama and where did you stay? 10x better than Miami is a big statement - why do you say that? I saw some of the most beautiful women in my life in Panama but they were hookers in a bar near my hotel. I think the pretty cubans and venezuelans go there to sell their pussy to businessman. Other than that the girls on the street looked average to me, but I was only in Avenida Balboa (briefly) and didnt go clubbing in Casco Viejo or visit Costa del Este etc. Im hoping to get back there in a few months so please tell me where to go that is better than Miami!

(btw we cant make paragraphs on this forum...?)
10 Apr, 2023
edversailles20
@MVC

Jizzy looks like we follow a similiar life pattern: Capetown, Panama, Colombia, Crypto, mma etc. What were you doing in Panama and where did you stay...
What´s up, man? I´m currently living in Panama and your description is fairly accurate. If you plan on visiting, feel free to hit me up. Casco was a shithole 15 years ago, but investors came in and revamped the area. It´s the go-to-place for nightlife in the city
11 Apr, 2023
MVC
Pannama is such a unique place to live for a westerner, especially a saffa (which Im guessing you are). Can I ask why? Im considering living there for a number of reasons including the location, warn weather, the terrortical tax laws, latin girls, and because I want to learn Spanish. I will hit you up bro! Thanks. Im actually already shopping online for a property. I prefer nature and beaches but is Panama city the only real option for an expat to live? And if so where in Panama city is a good place to live in your opinion? At the moment residency requires a 300k usd property purchase but I believe that’s about to go to 500k later this year. I missed the friendly nations visa: is that what you got?
11 Apr, 2023
dirtyred305
Only places I have been is Colombia so far my favorite. Bogota and Cartagena. Kurt is definitely right about The walled city. The street people and vendors are very aggressive there and annoying and the prostitutes as well highly aggressive. Bogota was much better but different type of city. I also been to Puerto Rico and Mexico but only Tijuana!
11 Apr, 2023
dirtyred305
@edversailles20

What´s up, man? I´m currently living in Panama and your description is fairly accurate. If you plan on visiting, feel free to hit me up. Casco was a...
I spent 26 years in Miami I have always been curious to see Panama City. It definitely looks similar to Miami the skyline I’ve seen in pictures.
11 Apr, 2023
edversailles20
@MVC

Pannama is such a unique place to live for a westerner, especially a saffa (which Im guessing you are). Can I ask why? Im considering living there for...
I´m actually American.Tons of ex-pats down here due to the numerous perks aforementioned. Panama was a quasi-colony up until recently, so American culture is somewhat embedded in Panama, from words to customs. The Americans certainly left their footprint here. My dad is a Vietnam vet, and he was stationed down here in the 70s after returning from Saigon. Although Panama is considerably more expensive than its central and South American counterparts, it has some of the most breathtaking landscapes, from beaches in the Caribbean to mountains in the country, and definitely safer. When it comes to property purchasing, there´s no wrong place to buy. In the mountains, beaches, and more upscale properties downtown, ex-pats (mainly Americans) are scattered all over the territory. The nicer areas in the city to live in are definitely Punta Pacifica, San Francisco, Costa del Este, or Avenida Balboa. Hope I covered all your concerns
12 Apr, 2023
edversailles20
@MVC

Pannama is such a unique place to live for a westerner, especially a saffa (which Im guessing you are). Can I ask why? Im considering living there for...
About my status, I´m a dual citizen. My mom´s Panamanian, so I got citizenship thru her. But it should be relatively easy to obtain a Friendly Nation Visa
12 Apr, 2023
MannyChav
@kurtcaz

Kurt,

You visit any of the Central American countries yet ?
19 May, 2023
nomadfrankie
Argentina, easy.

Buenos Aires is an amazing spot to live in, safe, beautiful women, gorgeous city, great nightlife, friendly locals (despite what the rest of SA says about them lol). If I was forced to pick one place in the world to settle down, it would be BA.

Also, I see lots of people saying Colombia, but I spent 3 months in Cartagena and just hated having to constantly haggle and everyone try to scam me all the time, it gets old quick. Beaches are great and the water is warm, but I can get that in places where I don't constantly have to deal with people trying to get money out of me.

Honorable mention to Peru for the amazing food as well, spent almost a year in Lima and I cannot live without ceviche anymore lol
22 May, 2023
MVC
@nomadfrankie

Argentina, easy. Buenos Aires is an amazing spot to live in, safe, beautiful women, gorgeous city, great nightlife, friendly locals (despite what t...
Cartagena sounds terrible to me. One of the primary reasons for living/going to the beach is to relax. Being constantly (and agressively harassed) is not cool. What about Santa Marta?

Buenos Aires sounds amazing. I just wish the weather was warmer and it had a beach :) Essential ingredients in a great city for me. What are some of the negatives? Can you make decent money domestically? I imagine if you earn money online the poor economy isnt an issue.
27 May, 2023
Edde
@nomadfrankie

Argentina, easy. Buenos Aires is an amazing spot to live in, safe, beautiful women, gorgeous city, great nightlife, friendly locals (despite what t...
Peru often overlooked because people only spend a few days in Lima before going to do the touristy things - but the food in that city is out of the world.. so fucking good, so hard to have a bad meal and cheap too.

I live in Medellin and go for a weekend once a month to get my fix. Food sucks somewhat in Medallo (obvs a few good international places).
07 Jun, 2023
vegasstrong
Panama is my Favorite so far and i been almost everywere,i would have hart time between Panama city and Medellin to decide,Like all Latino american country Panama 1 language is spanish,with i find more than normal,my opinion people were friendly,never meet a ugly girl(consider that Panamenian are Light dark skin, witch i love)many colombian and venezuelan girl are there as well,i honestly only dating so i not know how much cost for a professional,i had great time all the time,price are resonable,the city is chaotic no more than any latino city,is a beautiful country,i never felt in danger and i walk day and night, taked uber,taxi and mototaxi,good bar,bad bar etc,and yes,look like Miami for sure,big night life,great beaches and is nice is to visit the famous canal,all my trip here start with a visit at local bar Pedro Mandinga is a rum bar,then rooftop at hotel casaCasco and the rest come naturally,for me beautiful country,beautiful people beautiful girl
08 Jun, 2023
vegasstrong
@kurtcaz

I agree, but What about Panama?didn't catch your attention?
08 Jun, 2023
JonGiraldo
Colombia Papa! No contest, the diversity, the energy, the people, the rumba & the culture. Kurt should do more Indigenous content. His contact with the indigenous people near Santa Marta was interesting.
29 Jun, 2023

You need to be logged in to post comments.

© Copyright Conquest 2024 | Website developed by Artenko | Privacy & Terms