Soldier's forum

Here you can discuss anything you want. You can also say hi and introduce yourself to the Conquest community.
Forum: Soldier's forum

How did you learn and develop your Spanish?

jackiefwend
This is mainly directed to Kurt and anyone else who has efficiently learned sufficient Spanish. Certain apps or paid courses, or book study and in person classes, any suggestions are appreciated. Hearing Kurt speak his great Spanish and communicate with natives in his videos has really inspired me to want to step up my learning.
08 Jun, 2023

Comments (9)

vegasstrong
i learn my first word in spanish during my first trip in Cuba,then i been in Miami for a few years and i date many Latina girl,and still do,i had Latina girlfriend for a few years and spanish was her only languages but i can tell you that Rosetta Stone really work for learn about any languages but....noting work better than dating and the street,still today i travel around Latinoamerica and i feel confortable,many people dont even realize that im not Native Latino,good luck
08 Jun, 2023
1 2
MULVEY
I'd recommend downloading Paul Noble's Spanish audiobook from Audible. Duolingo is ok for learning words, but I know a lot of people trying to learn Spanish through it, and they all struggle.
12 Jun, 2023
vegasstrong
@MULVEY

I'd recommend downloading Paul Noble's Spanish audiobook from Audible. Duolingo is ok for learning words, but I know a lot of people trying to learn S...
i think Rosetta Stone is much better,more complicate but effective,i never personally used it but i see the result on other people
12 Jun, 2023
J3ffes
For me combination of learning new words on Duolingo and a lot of speaking practice with native speakers worked great.
15 Jun, 2023
belovedstranger
Take online classes. You can find tutors on sites like Preply (I have no affiliation with them, but thats what I use) that are really cheap and really good. Nothin substitutes live conversation with native speakers.
09 Jul, 2023
contradiktion
Get a romantic interest, listen to music sung in Spanish, watch Spanish-language movies and TV shows with Spanish closed-captioning
11 Jul, 2023
Hemano97
I just enjoyed the music for ages, picked up on the words, eventually lived in colombia for 3 months in 2022 (been there 3 times) and picked up the lingo on the way! Find yourself amigos/amigas and try chat them like that
24 Jul, 2023
evangregory12
The Michel Thomas Recordings on YouTube are free and very helpful
07 Nov, 2023
MULVEY
@evangregory12

The Michel Thomas Recordings on YouTube are free and very helpful...
Agreed, but him smacking his lips throughout the recording is super irritating 😆
08 Nov, 2023

You need to be logged in to post comments.

© Copyright Conquest 2024 | Website developed by Artenko | Privacy & Terms