Soldier's forum

Here you can discuss anything you want. You can also say hi and introduce yourself to the Conquest community.
Forum: Soldier's forum

If you could live anywhere in Europe, where would it be and why?

MVC
If you could live anywhere in Europe, where would it be and why? Consider all factors (economics, location, politics, cost of living, future outlook, weather, girls, sports etc)
18 Sep, 2023

Comments (19)

spursben316
Girls don't come into the equation for me got burnt 2 many times. I would say Albania it's a country on the up and hasn't been spoilt yet. Its 1 of the few countries u can visit and say not say oh 25 years ago it was great.

2nd would say Greece. I go every year and the simple things make me happy going for walks looking at the olive trees and just riding my quad not a care in the world.

Generally speaking Europe is soooo overated
18 Sep, 2023
MVC
Imho, when choosing a place to live in Europe it undoubtably has to be on the mediterranean (and have great weather). Blows me away that europeans can live anywhere and yet still choose to tolerate that shit northern weather.

I was actually thinking about Albania. Completely agree its on the up unlike almost all the rest which are on the decline. Its also perfectly located between the middle east, europe, Asia and Africa. Other than that I really dont know much. Can you tell me more?

Greece is great isnt it! Atleast from a weather and beach perspective. Amazing history aslo. but tbh I thought Athens was a dump - lots of dereliction. I was there last summer riding a quad around Kea (I think). What else do you like about it? Im hoping to get there in the next few weeks for some snorkeling and riding.
19 Sep, 2023
MVC
Despite its problems I do really like spain (and its islands). I also like southern France and Tuscany/florence. Unforunately the governments there take 10-15% when you buy a home, and then charge about another 2% per year to maintain it (as well as a wealth tax if it exceeds a certain amount). Great way to scare of capital...

Why do you say its overrated? Ive never been to South America, but out of the other continents Europe is my favourite despites it downward trajectory
19 Sep, 2023
spursben316
Only thing I can say about Albania it hasn't been spoilt and over devolped. And you get great value for money. Greece is great but for me couldn't live there holidaymakers and tourists would make my life a mysery. I actually loved Athens prob 1 of my fave capital cities. It does have problems with immigration and people who are homeless. But I loved it going around the site of the ancient Olympics. Plus there were so many islands u could go and visit.

Spain do have a real soft spot that's the 1st country I ever visited but its ruined now.
19 Sep, 2023
vinny-oda
Unironically, anywhere South of England but England in general is great. The quality of life is amazing despite what people say. The weather is mild for the most part and people speak English. You've got great nature, towns and cities with amazing amenities. Food is relatively good quality and cheap. Public transport although barely sufficient outside major cities is still pretty good.
19 Sep, 2023
MVC
@vinny-oda

Unironically, anywhere South of England but England in general is great. The quality of life is amazing despite what people say. The weather is mild f...
What parts of South England can you recommend? Im assuming you dont mean London? Its great to learn new languages but it is good to live in a country with English as the legal language both for communicating and documentation.

Last year I flew into London and drove along the eastern border up to Fort William in Scotland, and back down the west through Oxford and back into London. I loved Scotland (despite the weather) and England had some enjoyable experiences. Unforunately I didnt make it to Southern England (or Wales) which really should have been a priority.
20 Sep, 2023
spursben316
I have lived in Wales since 2011 its a shit hole ๐Ÿ˜‚ nah I'm messing like everywhere it has its good and bad parts. Wales if u get the chance its well worth a visit. If I was u I would start in Cardiff the capital soak it all in fir a few days then head to Pembrokshire and just head North West Wales is stunning plus u have Snowdonia National Park and Mount Snowdon. If u into trains there is a load of them steam and diesel. Then further north u have the Wrexham football team. I live right on the coast and u wouldn't believe the amount of different nationalities .
20 Sep, 2023
MVC
@spursben316

I have lived in Wales since 2011 its a shit hole ๐Ÿ˜‚ nah I'm messing like everywhere it has its good and bad parts. Wales if u get the chance its wel...
You live on the English or Welsh coast? You mentioned southern england as the ideal place to live in europe; which places would you recommend there? Im hoping to get over for a weekend before winter :)
20 Sep, 2023
MVC
*noted you said you lived on the Welsh coast. Why live there if you prefer south england a short distance away?
20 Sep, 2023
Increรญble
I would choose for Italy or Ibiza.
24 Sep, 2023
reelbigstu
If i could live anywhere in Europe, it would have to be Italy, probably in Tuscany or Umbria somewhere. The pace of life, the scenery, food, language and attitudes to life are pretty idyllic. Property is cheap and you can make a great life. Life goal it to 'retire' there. La dulce vita.
25 Sep, 2023
MVC
@reelbigstu

If i could live anywhere in Europe, it would have to be Italy, probably in Tuscany or Umbria somewhere. The pace of life, the scenery, food, language ...
I agree Tuscany is incredible. Florence might be my favourite city in the world (certainly was before mass immigration).

What are some of the draw backs of living there? Having to know italian might be one
26 Sep, 2023
reelbigstu
@MVC

I agree Tuscany is incredible. Florence might be my favourite city in the world (certainly was before mass immigration). What are some of the dra...
Drawbacks....only that Italian politics is always in permeant crisis so nothing gets resolved or done so everyone is on strike half the time. The mafia still cause a lot of problems but more so in the south. Italian is no harder than learning Spanish, pretty similar. The girls are more traditional than a lot of western Europe, so that's cool :)
You are right about Florence being an amazing city!
29 Sep, 2023
spursben316
@MVC

*noted you said you lived on the Welsh coast. Why live there if you prefer south england a short distance away?...
Cheaper property and my job is more in demand less competition than South of England.

I hate Wales though with a passion ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I barely survived the Covid lockdown from the Welsh Government now it's let bring in 20 mph speed restrictions. Its nailed on I get banned from driving its impossible to do 20mph in a 2 litre turbo. ๐Ÿคฃ
04 Oct, 2023
MVC
@reelbigstu

Drawbacks....only that Italian politics is always in permeant crisis so nothing gets resolved or done so everyone is on strike half the time. The mafi...
Im not even italian but it makes me sick to not only see what the politicans have done to Italy, but also the apathy amongst the general population. Imo Italy should be the best country in the world along with Greece - the birth places of western civlization: location, weather, beaches, history, culture etc. Italians dont even have the willpower to stop africans hawkng fake designer garbage on the door step of their greatest monuments. :(
06 Oct, 2023
MVC
@spursben316

Cheaper property and my job is more in demand less competition than South of England. I hate Wales though with a passion ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I barely survive...
Haha. Can you get a similiar job somewhere else in the world? What are the girls like? Ive met some smoking Welsh girls in my time but never visited Wales.

Yeah, I cant stand pedantic road rules. In Australia you'll need a helmet to be able to drive soon.
06 Oct, 2023
spursben316
I could but u would have to get the qualifications again in the country u living in. Its not something I would want to do tbh. I currently travel between 3 months living in UK so have it pretty good. As for the girls in Wales I would say they are very down to earth and have a cracking sense of humour. Australia eh that's where u from nice. I've been looking a travelling that way Philippines, Indonesia and Australia 3 months.

And yea buddy just since covid think the whole world gone m8 I really do 20mph speed restrictions. Ok fair enough Schools Nurseries all for that
07 Oct, 2023
spursben316
But country wide 20 mph speed limits the technology of cars now they are safer than ever. I get over the new speed laws then it's banning cigarettesfor the younger generation. I've never smoked a single cigarette in my entire life but this will just go underground. I'm telling u the world changed the day covid hit.

I would love to travel to Australia though. The airfare for some reason I thought would be really bad.
07 Oct, 2023
MVC
@spursben316

I could but u would have to get the qualifications again in the country u living in. Its not something I would want to do tbh. I currently travel betw...
You might be suprised how easily you can transfer qualifications over to certain locations. But if you are happy there thats the most important thing.

I wasnt asking about their personalities. Who gives a shit about that. Just joking ;)

Yeah Australia is (or was) an amazing country. Unfortunately its so damm far away from everything, and it's dialed up the totalitarian in the last decade like no other country I've seen. I can't think of a less free democratic country both legally and culturally (massive social conformity probably as a result of being so isolated). Nevertheless, id highly recommend visiting and driving along the east coast in summer.
09 Oct, 2023

You need to be logged in to post comments.

© Copyright Conquest 2024 | Website developed by Artenko | Privacy & Terms