Soldier's forum

Here you can discuss anything you want. You can also say hi and introduce yourself to the Conquest community.
Forum: Soldier's forum

Moving to Colombia

ruben
Hey Kurt,

Which city in Colombia is best to go live for a couple of months according to your experiences?

I want to switch things up, change my surroundings, try something new. Gain new perspectives on life.

Great content btw, inspiring to see how much you've achieved with YouTube since the early days.

Cheers,
Ruben
05 Apr, 2023

Comments (7)

Unknown user
Why not skip between a few places if you're only going to be there for 2 months? You probably won't really get any of the real benefits of properly moving somewhere in just 2 months - a group of friends, a good understanding of the places to go etc. As soon as you get a little settled you'll be gone. And the best places of Colombia are often found outside of the cities. For 2 months, travelling will be a lot more fruitful, interesting and memorable than arriving somewhere and not moving for 2 weeks, that would be my advice.

Why would you prefer to try and live somewhere for 2 months rather than travel?

And if you did want a name of an actual city, you'll almost always be told Medellín.
05 Apr, 2023
ruben
@Unknown user

Why not skip between a few places if you're only going to be there for 2 months? You probably won't really get any of the real benefits of properly mo...
Alright, appreciate the advice. Can you recommend some of those best places, found outside of the cities?
05 Apr, 2023
Unknown user
@ruben

Alright, appreciate the advice. Can you recommend some of those best places, found outside of the cities?...
Personally I'd do something like look at the map - and make a start and an end point for a two month trip.

Which airport will you arrive to, and which will you leave from, etc.

So, for example, starting somewhere like Barranquilla, or Cartagena, and travelling as far south as somewhere like Pasto, or Cali, then making my way back up to Bogotá to end the trip.

That's about as much as I would plan for, dates and an end point.

From there I'd probably see who I met, what suggestions I got from people whilst I was there, and use that for the advice.

Lots of the "best" places will be tourist hotspots like the Cocora Valley or El Peñon - the other best places are going to be other ones you find out along your way, other places nobody else really goes to. The beaches and other parts of the mountains and rainforests.

Check out the tourist spots you are interested in, because they're tourist hotspots for good reasons, then let that help you decide your route and don't plan for much else.

That would probably my advice, in terms of niche places that I visited, I couldn't really remember the names. I think I was last there about 6 years ago.
05 Apr, 2023
kurtcaz
Don't move to Colombia.
05 Apr, 2023
4 2
MVC
@Unknown user

Personally I'd do something like look at the map - and make a start and an end point for a two month trip. Which airport will you arrive to, and w...
Sounds great. Is there any point in travelling through Colombia like this if I can't speak Spanish?
06 Apr, 2023
MULVEY
@MVC

Sounds great. Is there any point in travelling through Colombia like this if I can't speak Spanish?...
Gonna have this same issue in any non-English speaking country though mate. Buy a sim card and use Google translate if you get stuck. Not understand things is half of the fun.
07 Apr, 2023
dirtyred305
It’s going to be a challenge not speaking Spanish especially off the beaten path. I even found it a challenge in the cities getting stuff done. I have some Colombian friends in Bogota and Bucaramanga. As another user stated everyone will say Medellin. Try to learn Basic Spanish and use Translate.
11 Apr, 2023

You need to be logged in to post comments.

© Copyright Conquest 2024 | Website developed by Artenko | Privacy & Terms