Soldier's forum

Here you can discuss anything you want. You can also say hi and introduce yourself to the Conquest community.
Forum: Soldier's forum

Should I Do It

MWMinkie21
Hello everyone,

I seldom find myself actively participating in forums like this, but I’m truly inspired by Kurt’s journey and am contemplating a significant life change similar to his.

I’ll keep it concise, as I doubt my story is of much interest to many, but I’d appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Originally from the outskirts of Chicago, I moved to Tennessee at 12, and by 18, ventured solo to California, where I’ve been living in the southern part ever since. Now at 27, my career has mainly been in sales, primarily used cars, before transitioning into electrician work for the past six years.

Six months ago, I took a leap of faith, leaving a four-year job to start my own business. It’s been a steady journey, but I’m far from hitting my financial goals.

Recently, I found myself single after a long-term relationship ended unexpectedly, leaving me to manage a $2400 monthly rent among other expenses.

Despite the ups and downs, I’ve always been ambitious, dabbling in various side projects, including an unstarted YouTube channel planned last year. However, a blend of depression and dissatisfaction, coupled with my growing disdain for California’s taxing lifestyle, has me at a crossroads.

Now, being single and relatively free of major commitments besides my mother in Tennessee and a few friends scattered across other states, I’m pondering over a life-altering move. It feels like a now-or-never moment to chase a dream or embark on an adventure.

So, what do you think? Is pursuing such a change prudent, or at least, something you’d consider? I’m eager to hear your opinions. Would you take the plunge in my shoes?
09 Apr, 2024

Comments (4)

MULVEY
There's nothing wrong with change mate. If you're planning on chasing your dream, go for it, just plan properly and have a backup idea in mind.

Try to be sensible and realistic about whatever the dream is though and don't get yourself into debt.
10 Apr, 2024
LỎ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰L
Absolutely! There is nothing wrong with change dude.
10 Apr, 2024
LỎ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰L
Much love - Kurt
11 Apr, 2024
Also always follow your dreams!
11 Apr, 2024

You need to be logged in to post comments.

© Copyright Conquest 2024 | Website developed by Artenko | Privacy & Terms